Monday, June 30, 2014

REACT or FEEL, FAIL or SUCCEED

There's an amazing journey to be had when one can truly let go and trust the process and when you prepare yourself for the stones life throws with a few simple thoughts ... 

Just past the layer of my REACTIONS is the layer of my FEELINGS ...
Trials in life bring about my reactions so that I can FIND my feelings. 
Once I am AWARE of my feelings, I can address my reactions from a place of AUTHENTICITY instead of DEFENSIVENESS. 

When I react with tears, anger, sarcasm, complete shut-down, laughter, fidgeting, insecurity or anxiety ... I am hovering right over where my feelings reside. 

When someone rejects me and I shut down, really I'm feeling inferior because of old tapes I just turned the volume up on. When my boss gets on my back about not being enough, really I'm feeling hurt from the memory of perceived inadequacy from a parent and I let my tape player run once again. 

You see, when I open myself up to taking the reaction punches only long enough to understand what feelings reside underneath - then I can take the punches in stride as a learning tool.  I can slow down if not stop time - step back from my reaction and understand what is at the root of it, what triggered it, and what I can do to express my wounds in an authentic way that takes FULL responsibility for each of my REACTIONS. 

REACTIONS turn on other's tape players too by the way. 
AUTHENTIC DISCLOSURE of my motives and my pain draws others to me instead of pushing them away. Vulnerability and acknowledgement of my wounds - connects me to others - because we all have been wounded. 

The training in this lifetime is never over, the punches will always come ... but you can learn to move with them instead of punching back.   
Start each day with a willingness to be aware of what you're feeling past your reactions ... move a position and share those discomforts with the people in your life in an honest and open manor ... explain why you create them and you'll be growing lines of connection and understanding, authenticity and honesty all over the place.

Love you as always,
Alli 

No comments:

Post a Comment